Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Need Help With My Hair

I don't know if you looked at my profile picture or noticed my hair in my outfit posts or not, but I plan on growing dreads. I've been thinking about this for a while and thinking up the pros and cons of having dreads. One of the cons were that you can't wash your hair. Well I like to have clean hair. So I talked to my stylist about that. She gave me some kind of herbal hair 'shampoo' to put in my hair that cleans it without getting it wet and screwing up the style. So that's taken care of.

(Source:Google) I would love to have my hair this color along with black...



(Source: Google)...Or even this color looks pretty cool.

Another con for me personally is that my mother won't let me die my hair an unnatural hair color. I'm not sure if you can tell or not, but my favorite color is purple and I think it would be "totally rad" if I could have purple and black dreads. But she just won't budge. So I was wondering if any of you know of cool looking hair colors that are natural other than blonde, brown, and black. Hopefully I can talk her out of her decision like I did with my tattoo decision, (more about that around my birthday, March the 6th. I'm getting a cute little bat on my shoulder X3.) Of course, when I move out it will be a new color practically every month. But until then I need your help. :(

3 comments:

  1. Very dark red is natural.

    Make sure you do your research! Dreads are a full-time occupation and are not the easiest to look after. Personally I love a lad (or lady!) with dreads, but make sure you get them done by a pro, so they aren't skeezy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you explore temporary spray on color? Look for quality stuff like Jerome Russell: http://www.jeromerussell.com/528514.html. It would allow you to enjoy lots of different colors and applications (stencil in a purple bat or a blue spider web for example) while you express yourself, then shampoo it right out when you are done. It could be a good compromise between you and your Mom. As for your dreads, they are a tedious commitment so you can always look into dreads and falls that can be removed for now. That way, you swap out styles like jewelry. Experiment and have fun with all the kinds of Gothic style. When you finally can make decisions about your appearance without parental reprimand, you will know exactly what you want because you will have tried it all. If you have a hard time finding what you need, let me know. I'm a Goth lifestyles webzine editor and can help you find products online.

    Thanks for the follow on my blog, nice to meet you. Did you see my website? www.tenebrousmagazine.com/tenebrous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitty- Thanks, I've always been intrested in red hair color. Your hair looks lovely by the way.

    Ms. Angel Demon-That has always been in the back of my mind but I never REALLY thought about it...I'll talk to my mom about it. And no problem, I would but my library has it blocked for being "uncategorized" so I'll check it out when I get home :)

    ReplyDelete